Village History & Heritage
In existence since Saxon times, the Village has had a glorious past that included a palace and ownership by the Bishop of Winchester.
The baptism, marriage and burial records from St. Nicholas Church, from 1711 to 1912
In The Village
heritage, photographs and information within the village roads
Around The Village
Items of historical interest in the surrounding immediate area, within the Parish
Perambulation of the Bounds 1745
The Perambulation of the Parish Boundaries took place in 1745 to to preserve in people's memory before the days of detailed maps.
The Hundred of Bishop's Sutton
The Bishop's Palace
Events in the Village
St. Nicholas Church, a Norman church was built in the 12th Century, on the site of a previous Saxon church.
The Memorial Trees
Thanks to our local community, there is now a line of trees that have been planted to remember the Village dead of three wars
The Plough, In Pictures
Up until the mid-nineties, the Village had two pubs. The Plough was the drinking pub, and here we have its verbal history and pictures, including the infamous fire early in the 20th Century