Ship Hill about 1900
Looking towards the Ship inn which is hidden behind a row of thatched cottages which caught fire in the 1930’s and were then demolished. The site is now the Ship Inn's car park.
Same view, 2011
The Ship Inn, 1948
The 18th century Ship Inn, Bishops Sutton. From a 1948 glass negative by Donald Birkenshaw
Bishop's Sutton Shop c1906
It seems that this picture was taken around 1906, and that Ernest and Ada Follet had the shop after 1901 and had left to run a shop at Hook by 1911. Their son John was born in Bishops Sutton 1906.
Padwicks Blacksmiths Shops c 1910 and Mount Villas
The smithy moved from the main road to the barn (now garages) at Stocks cottage, School Lane
Mount Villas and the site of the Blacksmiths, 2011