The first section Is the short length of the west boundary with New Alresford. The length of the boundary between BIshops Sutton and New Alresford Parishes is only three quarters of a mile.
The perambulation starts on what is now the B3047 just the Alresford side of the Railway bridge at what was called Bowling Close Gate, and headed south with Bowling Close on the Sutton side and Marrow Ditch on the Alresford side.(Bowling close being subsequently cut through when the railway was built 120 years later). Sweatly Row is the hedge row on the west of the solar farm. The Cump would have been in the corner where the old section of White hill Lane is, when it was cut of by the A31 bypass. The boundary then runs west just north of the old section of White Hill lane, then turns south again to cross the old White Hill Lane at its junction with Appledown lane. Appledown Gate would have been about there.
Credit: Garry Allam, Bishop's Sutton Heritage; curated by Mark Allen
Sutton Manor House and Farmyard 1947
Described as a small country house circa 17 century, refronted in the 18th century. There are remains of a timber frame rebuilt in brick in the 17th century.. During the 19th century it was known as Church Farm, became Sutton Manor in the early 1900’s